Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

~
Well, we did it! In a country in which most of the people have never tried turkey, we had a very successful Thanksgiving. We actually found turkey at a Brazilian shop near our house, but I was afraid our "oven" wouldn't cook it properly. (We have a microwave that converts to an oven with the press of the button, but things never really cook quite right.) So, we decided to roast a chicken, and had a great feast nonetheless!



This was the first time I ever cooked a whole chicken, yams, and pumpkin pie, and amazingly, they all turned out great! Pictured above: rolls, green beans, corn, yams, mashed potatoes and chicken.



We were happy to share Thanksgiving with two of our Japanese friends. They had never eaten yams before, and couldn't get enough!



This is really immodest, but the pumpkin pie above is the best pumpkin pie I have ever had in my life. I can't take all the credit, I suppose (I got the recipe from food network here), but still!





Chad insisted we get some extra pumpkin pie shots ;-)

We had a great Thanksgiving, but it could never replace Thanksgiving back home. We are so thankful for our family and friends, and we are looking forward to coming home to visit in a matter of weeks! Happy holidays!
~

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails