Sunday, April 25, 2010

Taiyo no Cafe

There are many interesting little cafes tucked away in Yokkaichi, and one of them is Taiyo no Cafe. Taiyo means "sun," and the warm feeling sunshine brings is definitely reflected in Taiyo's atmosphere. It is a very simple, open, laid-back cafe in which French, Bossa Americana music and more is played to set customers at ease. (For an example, check out this pretty little version of "Jambalaya" sung by Lisa Ono.)



I love the painting on the main wall:



I've been to the cafe twice now, and both times I ordered the tuna egg salad sandwich that comes with a side of mixed fruit and jello cubes. So yummy! They also serve all-you-can-eat-parfaits for an extra 420 yen, but I've never tried them. Some friends say the parfaits are addicting, so I guess it's safer that I stay away from that option for now! ;-)



Hope you've been able to enjoy some sunshine out your way--it's been rather rainy and overcast lately here (but at least today was sunny!).

1 comment:

Babi said...

hey nice blog!
i'm from mie too

shining-hours.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails