Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

We sure did! We had to work on Thanksgiving Day, so we celebrated on Sunday. I tried to work with what was available to me for our little feast, yet get some of the traditional tastes at the same time. What ended up on our table was Maple Syrup & Cayenne Pepper Grilled Sweet Potatoes, Bacon Braised Green Beans, corn, chicken, homemade chicken gravy, rolls and mashed potatoes. (What couldn't fit on our table: our kabocha pie!)


I couldn't find any canned pumpkin puree, so I mashed Japanese pumpkin, kabocha. Japanese pumpkins are much smaller and sweeter than American ones, and they're also green on the outside. I used the same recipe for pumpkin pie that I did last year, and Chad said it was the best dish of the night!

Add a little whipped cream and it's delicious!

I was really happy to keep the holiday spirit alive this year. It's a little difficult to make the same food for Thanksgiving here, but it's no challenge to be thankful. Can't wait to visit our Michigan friends in 3 weeks!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails