Friday, January 20, 2012

Amaou Strawberry KitKat

One of my friends went to Kyushu and brought back a sweet souvenir for us! Amaou Strawberry KitKats!

 

I looked up Amaou in a really useful (and free!) iPhone app called iTranslate, and the app said it meant, "Getting too much." Upon trying the KitKats for myself, I wouldn't say that at all. But you know I can never get enough when it comes to sweets ;-)


Immediately after opening one of the KitKats, I was greeted with a very powerful smell that reminded me of the Nesquick Pink Milk mix. The KitKat tasted a lot like pink milk, too, except with a KitKat texture.

 

I took a bite before remembering to snap a quick picture. (And yes, those are my sweatpants that I set the bars on...because, what else would you wear while doing KitKat tastings in your bedroom at home?).

It's always fun trying all of the different flavors KitKat comes out with in Japan. Have you ever heard of or tried any crazy flavors (in or out of Japan)?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails