Thursday, November 10, 2011

Red Romance


Tried a new beer the other day that was similar to a Framboise. Add a punch of raspberry and it'd actually be pretty darn good, but at 105 yen it was still definitely drinkable! Plus it has a snazzy name.

November Challenge Update:

Yesterday=bad.

I mean, not that bad. But I was really busy at work, and then super tired and sick-feeling at night (I think my bronchitis is back for round two!), so I didn't go for a walk. And I was also lazy about drinking water. And I didn't go to the gym. But I didn't eat or buy sweets when alone, and I was thankful! Very very thankful!

1. I was (and am) thankful for pinterest, where I can keep track of teaching tools, projects and inspirations, and recipes (like this hearty soup we had with the leftover ciabatta bread from this paprika chicken ciabatta recipe (which we had with a side of Chad's guacamole!)! Yum, yum!).

2. Milk tea! In Japan, it doesn't really taste like tea because it is so sweet and milky, but it does taste like delicious. Especially when it's cold outside!

3. My lovely iPhone. Chad accidentally spilled tea on it, but it survived. And I'm so glad. Because I access pinterest on my phone. And I read the news on there, and I listen to smarty-pants podcasts on there (like the Splendid Table, the Jillian Michaels Show, or This American Life!). And I basically have put part of my soul in it because I am obsessed.

As for today, I drank my water, went for my walk, went to the gym (zumba!), and didn't eat or buy sweets while alone. I'm thankful for pretty Christmas decorations going up everywhere (I can't wait to go home to visit!) and long skype conversations with family (thank you technology! and thank you Ariel for chatting with me!). More tomorrow, which will be Friday! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails