Monday, November 21, 2011

Taiyaki

A few weeks ago, Chad and I were wandering around near HAT Kobe, and we found a cheap taiyaki shop in a supermarket. For just 50 yen, you can get a custard or sweet bean paste-filled pastry of deliciousness.




Lucky for us, it's about a thirty or forty minute walk to get there, so it's never an immediate temptation. Although I would go pretty far for taiyaki. Because I love it.

November Challenge:
1. Still drinking insane amounts of water (like...nearly 5 liters just at work today), but it's mostly because I'm still sick.
2. Walked today, although only for about 20 minutes so that I could pick up potatoes for a craft at school. And celery. For an experiment.
3. No gym today because I can't go more than 10 minutes without blowing my nose and I feel like crap.
4. As for sweets...does hot cocoa count? Do...Mento's count? Because. I may have had some mentos earlier...and some hot cocoa. *cough, cough*
5. I'm thankful for:

*Parties! I had fun at a ladies night at Outback Steakhouse on Saturday, even though they ambushed me with a birthday song and ice cream (though I wasn't complaining!). Looking forward to upcoming birthday and Thanksgiving parties.

*So many great (and free!) resources online for teaching. I've been able to gather so many ideas to keep my classroom activities interesting and challenging!

*Upcoming Christmas break. I can't wait to spend time with family in Michigan for a few weeks.

*Sweet deals. I picked up a pair of cute boots, brand new, for 690 yen! Weeeeee!

*The knowledge that one day, I won't have this cold anymore. Right? Right? Please?

*Sleep! Speaking of which...good night!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails