Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Walks

I had the chance to take a walk around my school today and see some beautiful fall scenery:


I was surprised to come across this tree while walking through a park.

I am grateful for the opportunity to take walks in a country full of interesting things everywhere I look. I feel fortunate to experience solitary walks like the one I took today, walks with Chad, and walks with friends. Last month, I was lucky to have the opportunity to go for a 10 kilometer walk that supported breast cancer awareness.

It was called the Pink Ribbon Smile walk, and the 10K route went around some really neat parts of Kobe. We got the chance to see cool areas in Kobe, watch some neat festivals going on that day as we passed by, have good conversation, and support a cause we all believed in. I'm definitely hoping to participate again next year!

My friends Fumiko, Rachael and I before the walk

To mark the start of the walk, there was an explosion of confetti that fell all over the crowd!

There were plenty of cute things to look at in the starting area.

Here we are with Yasu after finishing! Phew!

I am thankful I could have such a meaningful walk while living in Japan.

November Challenge Update:
1. Went for a 38 minute walk
2. Day off from the gym, but going tomorrow
3. Drank 1 and 3/4 liters of water at school, and drank more at home.
4. No buying or eating sweets while alone
5. Recorded today's thankful thought!

Be back for more tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails